What It Is Like To Be A Teenager Essay
Malvi Bhatia, Grade 9 student, Dubai International Academy.
1. Nobody’s ever seen an adult do anything reckless because they always worry about what other people will say. But we can do whatever we want without anyone holding us responsible for it, because, after all, we are teenagers!
2. Being in love with people you have never met. Celebrity fever is the most enjoyable part of being a teenager. Idolising someone you barely know. We even have names to describe us according to our obsession – Directioners. Beliebers. Twerds.
3. Creating twitter accounts just so you can stalk your favourite celebrity. Stalking is a natural part of teen life and twitter accounts help us stay informed about the celeb buzz.
4. Looking ugly at home and loving it. Being fashion conscious while in public, we enjoy our private time at home wearing mismatched things, as long as they are comfortable.
5. It’s only teenagers who can sit in the same place either watching their favourite TV show or lying on the bed doing nothing after school for hours and enjoy it. It is just part of who we are!
6. We can get our thrills from chocolate, One Direction or Usain Bolt – or nothing at all.
7. Day-dreaming is our favourite pastime and the time of day doesn’t really matter. I can do it through the night imagining a future that is beyond bizarre, that is, one on the wrong side of the teen years.
8. Being a rebel without a cause. Isn’t adolescence all about that? I can rant and refuse all I want and my parents will blame it all on my raging hormones. Oh, the joys of being a teenager!
9. YOLO (You only live once). Every teenager’s motto... mine too.
10. Being on Team Edward. We got to enjoy the Twilight series, need I say more?
Teenage Life Essay
621 Words3 Pages
People who are nostalgic about childhood, were obviously never children. Few people can remember the truth about adolescence. Their minds "censor" their memories; and have them believe that being a teenager was was one big party, free of cares and responsibilities. Well let me say this, you couldnOt be more wrong if you had a lobotomy. There aren't that many adults around who realise what adolescence was really like. The anguish, the fear, the anxiety, the stress. People don't remember those problems because they want to forget them.
The truth of the matter is, is that being a teenager is hard, right from the beginning, and it doesn't get any easier. We are such easy prey for big name companies who advertise using the pressure…show more content…
There are thousands of poems floating around written by bitter or depressed teenagers that are never recognised as works of art. Another form of escape for teenagers is, unfortunately, suicide. It is alarming how high the teen suicide rates have risen over the past decade. Yet, it is comforting that there are support groups and counsellors available now to aid teens through their troubles. Because no one wants to see a life full of promise and potential end abruptly because of a little sorrow in one kid's life. Another reason for teen suicide is their home life. The teenager gets caught in the middle of an argument between their parents, and they take the blame personally. This is not right. Sometimes the child is beaten or abused and is forced to run away into the streets, where they become homeless, and sometimes abducted. Sometimes they just die in a back alley during a cold winterOs night, and they are never missed. At sixteen, a teenager knows about suffering, because he himself has suffered, but he barely knows that other beings also suffer.
Although, some teenagers face their problems. They plod along through school. Some of them get after-school or weekend jobs. They learn responsibility. Eventually, they enter adulthood and the work force. Successful, confident, and eager to work. They lead their lives using the knowledge they swallowed throughout their education and the power they gained. But not long after, they